Fruits and vegetables are naturally low in fat and calories and contain zero cholesterol. They are important sources of essential nutrients like potassium, folic acid, Vitamin A, Vitamin C and dietary fibre. Their benefits cannot be overemphasized.
Fibre from fruits and vegetables;
- Reduces blood cholesterol
- Lowers risk of heart disease
- Eliminates constipation and improves bowel movement
- Satisfies hunger and keeps the stomach full for longer periods without added calories.
- Suppresses appetite and craving.
- Including fruits in your daily diet, prevents wrinkling of skin, hair-fall, and memory loss.
Fruits and vegetables can be said to be the world’s healthiest foods.
Substitute carbs with fruits to enjoy its amazing benefits of weight loss. Choose from a wide variety of fruits. There is something for everyone.
Take advantage of seasonal fruits which tend to be cheaper to reap more benefits. Popular Nigerian fruits and vegetables include:
- Lemon/ lime
- Mango fruit
- Scent leaves (nchuanwu)
- Fluted pumpkin
- Garlic, onion, ginger
- Bitter leaf
- Water leaf
- Walnut, cashew nut
Red, yellow and green pepper.
Incorporate the above fruits and vegetables to your diet and be on your way to a healthier you!
Sign up for more information and free tips for losing weight Nigerian style.