Matt 6:22..”The Light of the body is the eye: if therefore thy eyes be sound, thy whole body shall be full of light”
Boost your eye health and protect it from eye related problems with this 5 power foods!
- Fish: Rich in Omega 3 fatty acid, regular consumption will prevent dry eyes and may prevent cataract. You can supplement by taking cod liver oils and gels.
- Fruits: fruits rich in vitamin c like oranges, grapes, limes, tangerines , beetroot and lemons have antioxidants that can also improve night sight, prevent cataract.
- Green vegetables: Leafy vegetables like spinach(commonly called green in Nigeria) fluted pumpkin (ugu), garden egg all contains powerful antioxidants that promote great eyesight. other vegetables like carrot and sweet potato also contain carotenoids which protects against night blindness.
- Eggs: they are a very good source of high quality protein. rich in vitamins A,D,E and K. Also contain Carotenoids that defend against the damaging effect of free radicals.
- Beans: Be it the red, kidney, brown, white, green and black beans, they contain zinc as well as high quality protein to protect the eyes from damaging effects of the sun
A diet low in fat and rich in vegetables and nuts will definitely enhance our eye health.